Re: Mystery Roadster back on eBay

To: Eric Frisbee <efris@home.com>
Subject: Re: Mystery Roadster back on eBay
From: L Jordan <ay107@lafn.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 21:53:41 -0700
I think the point is  that if you buy a car thinking you have clear title but
then find out you have to jump thru hoops to get it registered then that is a
hassle.  Yes, caveat empor, but i think if this is too easy to do then I think
you will see more cars (Roadsters) being stolen and "rearranged" and sold.
Perhaps the guy should be able to prove the car wasn't stolen upfront. But
sounds like he doesn't want the hassle, just wants the buyer to have it. Well
that's the car business isn't it?
Linda

Eric Frisbee wrote:

> Did anyone notice that the paint codes weren't exactly Nissan either??  OH
> MY GOD!!  Call the FBI, CIA, and the White House!!!!  We have a serious
> crime here!  And those rims are from an evil "Z" car...    This calls for a
> lynching!!!!   And the non-original black dash... and the seats.. and the
> steering wheel... and the 1500 grill...the missing jackhole covers... and
> the missing 1600 emblems!!  Where is the humanity of it all???    The ID
> plate is all ratty and matches up with the title, yet the engine number is
> grossly misrepresented!   That just can't be!!!
>
> Ok funs over...     If you jokers knew just how many "pieced together" cars
> were really out there, you'd wet yourselfs calling the DMV in all the
> states...  This was and is common practice for those of us who live East of
> California... .    We are all so much luckier now to have access to the many
> great venders, as you Westerners have had for years.    Get over your
> hysteria already!
>
> Eric
> (and yes, I have a car that the numbers don't match...  am I next to be
> lynched?)

///
///