Re: #@#$!! damn !@#$@!@#!@*%$#@!!

To: JCLAY510@aol.com
Subject: Re: #@#$!! damn !@#$@!@#!@*%$#@!!
From: Thomas Walter <twalter@austin.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2001 19:51:18 -0600
Jimmy,

South Land Park is a NICE AREA!!! Very fine homes back in there,
so not bad at all for $185K. My mom was born, and grew up, on
Curtis Way!

Side note, a few folks on the list remember my folks house
(Town & Country Area). Small house with four bedrooms and
only 1500 square feet. The garage is a good 20' x 25'. At
one point I had about a "dozen Datsun's" stuffed into the
back yard (south side of the house, they were not visible
from the back yard until you walked around the corner of
the house). Good size lot (120 x 140 ??).

Alas, Mom has decided it is time to move and has relocated
to Mill Valley.  It would be neat if a roadster owner bought
it... ;-)

Always dreamed of building a 1000 sq foot machine shop back
there... when I was growing up the Maple Tree out front was
our "engine hoist" (only when Dad was at work, and would
comment on tire tracks on the lawn later...) The large garage
was not added then, as I worked under a flapping tarp in
the dirt (boy did I hate changing clutches in the dirt!).
Oh, the front bedroom had a nicely "oiled floor". Ahem,
guess where I would rebuild engines. Yes, in my bedroom.
Had a large box with an open bottom that we would place
over the engine, with a nice table cloth over it. My mom
found out years later.

Lots of good memories.

For some reason I was thinking the house was listed at $185K!

Cheers,

Tom Walter
Austin, TX.

JCLAY510@aol.com wrote:

> Sacramento is not much better 185k will get you a 2Bd 1Ba bungalow style
> house on my street (South Land Park)  with a SMALL one car detached. The
> duplex I rent (from a friend) is only a bedroom smaller and my garage is
> bigger and I don;t have to mow
>
> Jimmy in Sacramento
> 68 3000 VG30
> 68 1600 "soon to be promoted to daily duty"
> 71 BMW 2002 "soon to be demoted to somebody elses"
> 91 Landcruiser "been a while since I've driven it     i.e wife vehicle
>
> ///
> ///

///
///