Re: Tire Size vs wheel width again

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tire Size vs wheel width again
From: andycost@att.net
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2001 19:59:28 +0000
I was using 225/50/14's on my roadster with 7" rims.  I
had to modify the front and rear fenders.  I think the
widest you will be able to use is a 205 without
modifications.  I would stick with the V700's.  I think
the 205 in a V700 would be better than a 195 in an ecsta
V700.  I have been racing with 205 V700's against
another roadster that uses 195 V700's.  When I don't
make any driving mistakes he just can't keep up.  If you
do get the ecsta V700's in a 195 I don't think gearing
would be too much of a problem.  I've been running 5.13
gears and loving it.  With the gears there is enough
power to break the tires loose at any time.

Andy

BTW-  I won the last autocross of the SCCA season on
Sunday.  I found out how high that U20 will rev.  The
tach needle went all the way around and back to zero.
At that point the valves started floating so I shifted
gears.
> Tirerack has finally released the Kumho Ecsta V700 competition tires I've
> been waiting for. Almost as light as the hoosers but with the treadlife of
> the Kumho V700 Victoracer's I have been using. But, my favorite size,
> 205/55/14 is not availible. They are only availible in 195/55/14's (the size
> I'm using now) and 225/50/14. I like the 195's but the are so small around!
> About .25'' less than 185/60's. With this silly 4.38 rear end of mine, I
> don't need any lower effective ratio!
>
> Do you think the 225's are too wide for my 6'' rims?
>
> Victor
> 70 SRL 31113136
> 65 L-320 Pickup
> Los Angeles