Torque your nuts...!

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Torque your nuts...!
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 19:28:45 EST
Hello,

I pulled off the wheels on my Roadster this afternoon to wash the
undercarraige and brake parts.  After all was cleaned and degreased I
replaced the front wheel.  I noticed that it was jiggling alittle.  I thought
it was just alittle play but when I put my hand back to where the jiggling
parts originated I was shocked to find two loose bolts.

Yikes!  It freaked me out!  I pulled off the wheel again and found out that
two 16mm bolts that are part of the upper portion of the suspension were very
loose.  One was close to coming off.  I got out my Craftsman and started
torquing things back in place.  When I was finished I found a total of four
loose bolts.

How the heck can this happen?  Of course it happens from everyday driving.
But I also use the 2000 in extreme situations such as at Sears Point Raceway
and Laguna Seca.  It goes without saying that with this type of driving you
gotta do the extra maintenance.

Anyway, I did one side and the other side will be done on the wekend.  Please
learn from my discovery and take the hour or two to get in the wheel wells
and check your nuts and bolts.  Whether or not you drive hard.  These cars
are 30+ years old.

Michael "Calspeed" Carion
<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/calspeed1/motorsports.html";>
http://members.aol.com/calspeed1/motorsports.html</A>