Skinny number plates,

To: "'datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net'"
Subject: Skinny number plates,
From: "Rourke, Brian" <Brian.Rourke@compaq.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 18:35:42 +0800
Hi all,
        I found this interesting. Yesterday I put a new set of number plares
on my 2000. So what ya all say. Well, I got these very slim plates, about
3inches from top to bottom. While I was mounting the front plate onto the
bumper bar I noticed a air scoop that is almost the exact same width as a
number plate, that scoops up air from under the bumper onto the radiator.
With the old number plates this scoop was completely obscured.Did'nt think
much of it at the time. But, driving into work to-nite I noticed that the
temp gauge needle was about two needle widths "cooler". The slim plates dont
go below the bottom line of the front bumper. I think this must be allowing
more air onto the bottom area of the radiator. Just like the design
engineers meant it to be... This is good news for me here with summer fast
approaching.

BTW the plates read  SR311   black letters on a wite background. I had a
choice of about 6 colour combinations, but thought this was the best for my
pale yellow roadster.

                                All the best everyone, Brian (70 Solex 2000)

///
///