top-up driving, sound dampener suggestion

To: "'datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net'"
Subject: top-up driving, sound dampener suggestion
From: "O'Farrell, Fergus" <Ofarrell.Fergus@hitco.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 10:50:11 -0800
Since I am still getting used to top-up driving, one thing I have noticed is
that since I covered the firewall in both footwells and the complete tunnel
the car is so much quieter and smoother feeling to drive.  One $29 sheet,
aluminum skinned both sides, did all that and I enough for the back parcel
shelf as well, which has yet to be done.  I had the heater out anyway for
rejuvenation, so not much cutting.  Duct taped all the edges and holes, so
no moisture. Did learn that pedal area is tight, so I had to cut the stuff
back out, as my gas pedal foot wouldn't come back out to apply the brake,
YIKES!  Oh, and my state of no-discernible-console probably helped too.
Fergus O, 69 2000, HB,CA