Re: Regulator

To: Daryl Smith <darylsmith@telus.net>
Subject: Re: Regulator
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 08:53:49 -0600 (CST)
Daryl,

13.7 Volts may not be bad. What were the conditions when you read that
voltage? A fully charged battery should be about 13.7 Volts. If the car
has been running for several minutes when the reading was taken, then 13.7
Volts is fine. If you just started the car, then no, 13.7 Volts is low.
Try turning the engine off and the headlights on for about 5 minutes. At
that time the battery voltage should be below 12 Volts, but if it isn't,
that is not a problem. Turn off the lights and start the car. The battery
voltage should be in the 14 Volt plus range, dropping to about 13.6 within
several minutes.  If this happens, then all is well.

Peace,
Pat

Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor, Future planner