Re: Sticky Valve Cure?

To: road <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Sticky Valve Cure?
From: Thomas Walter <twalter@austin.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 17:52:23 -0600
Barney,

Usually Datsun valves don't "stick" like hydraulic lifters do!

Part of me says: tear it down and inspect everything. Odds are
the sound you hear and think is a "sticky valve" is really something
else. Inspect the camshaft & rocker arms for any odd wear.

Along the "what ever works" I like the Marvel Mystery Oil. Pour
some in the tank, and the rest in the engine oil. No, never really
worked for me, but love that fresh wintergreen smell (I used it
in the SU dashpots for that reason).

Now back to the SUV & TRUCK comments....

Tom
(who has discovered a Land Cruiser with a top speed of 70 mph
on the freeway is WORK and is looking for one of those big dog
crew cab trucks to haul it around with...)