Re: Calif DMV Q

To: neffster189@yahoo.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Calif DMV Q
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 07:45:41 -0800
Dan,

As far as I remember, unless you declare legal residency for California you
will not be ticketed for having a car with out of state plates. You can live
in California for up to a year before you have to declare residency. The law
says if you are a legal resident of California and you purchase a car out of
state and bring it here, you have 10 days to re-register it here. Cops that
pull you over will ask about it only if you provide them a California ID.
Since you will show them a Colorado ID driving a car with Colorado plates
you can just tell them the truth. "I'm in California on business".

Since your car is pre-1974, there are no smog requirements.

So if you take the job, we'll make sure to have a SoCalROC run with you and
your car as honored guest.

Take Care,

Andrew Murphy
SoCalROC