Re: oil pan / blocks questionx-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: oil pan / blocks questionx-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
From: Eric Gustavson <egustavson@dingoblue.net.au>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 16:13:54 +1100
L Jordan wrote:

> List,
> Not too many questions lately on the list so here's a couple...
> In removing the oil pan there are two longer screws and a couple of
> spacers and a couple of "beer can tab-like" pieces that we are unsure of
> the location for.Can't tell easily from the diagrams, anyone know on a
> 1600 where they go?

>From your description I think these may be the lower supports for the carb
overflow pipes that are almost always missing because the pipes break off at
the carb-end banjo (probably years ago).  They fit on the left side of the
pan, each held on by
one of the pan bolts.  A small rubber grommet is needed in each tab to stop
the bottom end of the pipe from rattling.  Interestingly enough, my mate's
1500 here in Townsville had them still in place!  It's an easy job to put
new pipe in the old banjos - I used copper A/C tubing.