Replace or Paint Ignition Coil?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Replace or Paint Ignition Coil?
From: Tom Duffy <tomuo@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 08:37:34 -0800
My roadster sat in the company car park since
Friday evening because the battery drained due to
the brake sensor switch coming on with a gust of wind.
The rubber bumber which presses against the switch
has developed a hole... Do the vendors have replacements,
or is it something I can find at a local parts shop?

With the hood open in the clear daylight, I looked at
the engine compartment and thought that it was time
to do some cleaning. The ignition coil seems to work fine,
but it is pretty grotty and slightly rusty. A friend of mine
"dresses" coils in beer cans, to make the car look like
it's sucking on a cool one all day, but would it be a good
idea to replace it, or just spray it a bright color to
clean it up?

Tom,
'68 1600