Voltage regulator

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Voltage regulator
From: BARTERDUDE@aol.com
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2002 18:03:43 EST
Hi List -

I am trying to get back to near normal with the electrical system on my 1963
1500.  Long before I got it, someone converted from positive to negative
ground using a BIG boy Chrysler alternator and regulator.  This was running
with just lead to battery and lead to alternator.  Worked fine but looked WAY
WEIRD.  I just installed a Mitsubishi 411 - 510 Datsun Alternator.  When it
is connected to the existing alternator, it is making really strange noises.
If I disconnect the lead to the regulator it goes away.  I think it is
fighting with the regulator.

Looking to find out what regulator should be hooked up with the Mitsubishi AS
2030 A1 alternator?  Suggestions greatly appreciated.

Gary Lasater
Founding Member www.WYCROC.org
1963 SPL31000289B 1500 Single Carb Fairlady
newest addition 1969 2000 - SRL311-12536
1970 1600 - SPL311-28169 (one of the last of the group)
Parker CO 8134