Re: Head bolt question

To: Ryan Bird<birdman@myrealbox.com>, Pamela
Subject: Re: Head bolt question
From: Stan Chernoff <az589@lafn.org>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 07:06:55 -0800
The studs are available directly from ARP.  They are 7/16 dia by 5 or 5-1/4
inch long with coarse threads for the block and fine threads for the nut.
1" of thread on each end.  Nuts and washers are available from ARP also.
These are in stock items.

Stan
========

At 03:24 PM 3/5/02 -0700, Ryan Bird wrote:
>I purchased the Stud set from Dean which included the studs, nuts, and
washers.  Seems like the set was around but don't quote me on that.

>I was at Stan's place when he proudly pointed out the studs on one of his
cars.  I figured that if Stan was proud and if Dean was selling, then it
might not be a bad idea.  My old bolts didn't mind getting replaced either.

>A nice advantage of the studs is remounting the head and head gasket.  You
just slip the gasket / head over the mounted studs, then tighten them down.
 Everything lines up nicely.  I wish I could say the same thing about my
new dash.  :)