RE:Volvo Caliper

To: Datsun Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE:Volvo Caliper
From: Steve C Allen <67datroad@vbbn.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 17:29:32 -0800
To anyone interested,

Well, I got home tonite and tried fitting the caliper on the roadster mounting
point. I had to take a 1/2" drill bit to redrill the Volvo caliper moutning
holes so the roadster
mounting bolts would work. I pulled the rotor off and mounted the caliper in
place. Fits really nice. I removed it and reinstalled the rotor to see how it
would it fit with the
rotor on. It does go on but the rotor will not spin so someone had recommended
removing 1/4" from the diameter of the rotor. I see why. 1/4" would work just
fine. It looks
like a 1/16" to 1/8" washer/shim would put the caliper assembly center of the
rotor. The stock steel rim bolts on and clears the caliper just fine. Thomas
had an excellent
suggestion of plugging the two brake line inlets and drilling and tapping out
the inside piston in the center running one line. That is what I plan on doing.
All it would take is
a short metal tube from the exisitng brass junction block to the newly drilled
and tapped hole. So far so good. More to come later.

Steve Allen
Rohnert Park, CA
http://www.311s.org
67.5 Stroked 2 liter