Okay here goes.

To: "datsun list" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Okay here goes.
From: "aaron atkins" <amatkins@qnet.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 09:11:20 -0800
Thanks for the welcome guys (and gals).  The motor in the new car is frozen.
I pulled the head and #3 cylinder is rusted really badly.  To get the car on
the road I have a couple of options. A.)  rebuild motor that's in it.
B.)find donor car with 5 speed and running motor.  Are there any later model
cars that are a direct bolt-in option for motor and trans?  ie, no welding
or cutting.  I like the idea of rebuilding the 1600 but sometimes a good
running donor is alot cheaper in the beginning, and a 5 speed, elec ign..
OHC  would be nice.  How much (approx) would I be looking at spending for
new rings, bearings,cam/lifters, carb rebuilds, water pump, timing
gears/chain, head/valve work, fuel pump, and machining/balancing for the
1600?  The car has been sitting for about 12 years so all of the rubber is
shot (brake lines and such).  Luckily the interior is pretty nice and the
body only needs a minimal amount of work.  All in all the car is in good
shape. SoCAlROC sounds fun sign me up.