Re: Removal of trim pieces

To: orangedawg@hotmail.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Removal of trim pieces
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 17:44:07 EST
In a message dated 3/26/02 9:58:56 AM Pacific Standard Time,
orangedawg@hotmail.com writes:

> How do you remove the emblems?
>   Do you just pop them off those little "backing plates" or whatever those
> are?  I'm afraid of doing it wrong and breaking my emblems?

Yes, you need to remove the little metal plates that hold the emblem tight to
the sheetmetal.  It is easier to use an awl to open up the "barbed" ends that
dig into the emblem posts.  Once they are out you can always push them back
in place so that they grip well again.  If they are in bad shape replace
them.

Calspeed