RE: Hood alignment...

To: "'Jeffory Frayser'" <jfrayser@worldnet.att.net>,
Subject: RE: Hood alignment...
From: "Paul Bauman" <plhbauman@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 21:26:37 -0800
'Just a bit' out of alignment. Considering most of our 30+ year old cars
have kissed a few trees in their time, it sounds like you got it about right
:)

Try loosening the four bolts that hold the 's' shaped hinge arms on the
hood. you can also loosen the hood latch on the cowl and the hood. Before
you do any of that, however, I would recommend taking off the grille. Doing
this will allow you to go in thru the front of the car and get the hood off
when --and I mean when--- you mess up the adjustment and the hood won't
open! Don't ask me how I know this...

Anyways, once you get the above mentioned bolts loose, but not real loose,
you can let the hood down and wiggle it into adjustment, then carefully
raise it and snug down the hinge bolts. If the hood is just too high or low
on the cowl side, you can shim up the round rubber bumpers until they touch
the cowl and level things out.

Paul Bauman
Westminster, CA
67 1600