Re: wheel help

To: sidney raper <spl310@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: wheel help
From: Fred Davidson <fred.davidson@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 11:28:20 -0500
sidney raper wrote:

> I need knowledge about experiences with wheels.  I have a set of 14x7 wheels
> with 4.3" backspacing.  I need to know if these will work on a Roadster
> (67.5 - so any late car should be the same space wise) with stock flares
> without any mods.  Anyone know?
>
> Sidney Raper

Sid:

I have 7 X 14 Panasport wheels on my 1969 2000 with 195/60x14 Yokos
- the back space is 4 1/2" I also have 6 1/2 x14 Minilite wheels with
195/60 BFGs - the back space is 4 3/16".

The only modification is the rear fender lip is bent up near the top
rear part of the wheel arch. I have autocrossed with both sets of rims
many time and have no rubbing. I do have stiffer stock springs in the
rear but the car is about an 1" lower than stock (Comp springs in the
front).

Fred
--
Burritts Rapids , Ontario