Re: 1600 vs. 2000 clutch?

To: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>,
Subject: Re: 1600 vs. 2000 clutch?
From: mtyler <mtyler@hctc.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 12:59:45 -0600
datsunmike wrote

>The clamping pressure of the 2000 is greater. Use that instead. I have been
>using that setup for years, well when my car ran.
>
>Mike

I got a 1600 clutch for my 1600 because I didn't know how the clutch was
supposed to feel.  Pedal feel was hard and  ragged and I didn't want to
work any harder!  Turned out there was absolutely no grease on the TO
bearing where it slides ot it's shaft.  If I had had the pleasure of
driving Mark Gill's 2000 before I embarked on the clutch replacement, I
would have gone with a 2000 unit.  My clutch pedal feel is now  light and
smooth, but the 2000 pedal is no workout by any means!

-Marc T.