UN-Lowering my 2000

To: "'Roadsters (E-mail)'" <Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: UN-Lowering my 2000
From: Tom Hendricksen <tom@fransfancies.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 17:42:22 -0700
I recently purchased a 69 2000 and brought it home to begin repairing
the hydraulics and anything else I might find while working with the car
after 15 year of storage.  Since I had not been close to a Datsun
roadster for about 30 years I thought it looked a little low, but could
not be sure.

After getting the car home I crawled under the front bumper to apply
penetrating oil to the bumper brackets and noticed that the shocks were
brand new.  Even the nuts are shiney.  But I also noticed that the frame
seems to be riding on the rubber bumpers.  There is no space between
them at all and no suspension travel when the fenders are pushed down.
I am researching new front springs, and I am interested in hearing from
those who have a matched set to sell or trade (I have a 68 parts car
that is unfortunately missing one front spring).

Also is there a common method of lowering the rear of the car?  It to is
down on the bumpers.

I noticed after getting the parts car that the parts car has fender
liners.  My 69 does not.  I am hoping I will be able to put the liners
in my 69 along the way.

Tom Hendricksen
SRL311-12401