Re: Still running a tad warm in my 1600

To: mtyler <mtyler@hctc.net>
Subject: Re: Still running a tad warm in my 1600
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 07:50:04 -0500 (CDT)
Marc,

Did you get the heating problem fixed? It could be the extra paint on the
radiator. Did you check the actual engine temperature rather than rely on
the gauge to be correct? I found that when I put a thermocouple in the
upper radiator hose that my gauge was off by about 20 degrees. Replacing
the sender didn't help. I have a replacement gauge to install and then I
will check the accuracy again. If it is off I may adjust the gauge, or
just come up with a conversion list of displayed vs. actual temperatures
and live with it.

Peace,
Pat

Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor, Future planner