u-20 Manifold

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: u-20 Manifold
From: "Amy & Erik" <erikandamy@integraonline.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 18:57:20 -0500
Greetings
I am in the process of reattaching my newly rebuilt carbs (thanks Keith) and
along the line I am replacing my manifold gasket.  I need to know if there
are any tips out there for me?  I have a new gasket, studs and hardware for
the mainfold.
Do I need Copper coat?-
Tightening sequence to prevent leaks?
Locktite for the studs?
The PO had loaded one of the cooling passages with silicone so I am sure he
had a leak at one point.  I really don't want to take off the carbs again,
some of those nuts are hard to reach.

I am also looking for a Datsun logo patch.  Something large like 10" to put
on the back of a jacket.  Anyone know of a source?

My car has been on jackstands for about 5 months now getting all sorts of
things done.  I haven't touched my car in 7 weeks as we now have a new son.
I hope I can remember to tighten all the things I loosened before I drive it
again.

Erik Smeby
2L 1600
http://www.geocities.com/smedly_whiplash/