Re: Roadster Originality was another 67 2L surfaces

To: Andrew Murphy <solex67@hotmail.com>, gsglasgow@attbi.com,
Subject: Re: Roadster Originality was another 67 2L surfaces
From: Datsun Dude <roadstrdude@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 00:37:19 -0700 (PDT)
 Damn....I bought Calspeed's Car without checking all of those things....
I dont like the car anymore....

  Andrew Murphy <solex67@hotmail.com> wrote: All,

I have had discussions with other owners about originality and its
importance. I agree with Gordon, it's all about what you want and what you
are willing to pay.

The stamping on the frame is very lightly done and with a little creativity
you could have a "numbers matching" frame in no time. When I bought my 67.5
2000, I saw paperwork on the car dating back to 1975. What happened in the
eight years before that is anyone's guess.

My engine block and frame numbers match the ID plate. I have the correct
67.5 2000 gauges and I have a license trim ring. While I am as sure as I can
be that my car is an original numbers matching car it is not why I bought
it. I really do love the car and I want to see it restored properly.

It's only pwhen eople knowingly try to pass a car off as a 67.5 2000 when it
isn't that causes problems. I have not heard of anyone doing this and would
never accuse anyone of doing it but I am sure it has happened.

So "Caveat Emptor" I guess. Look at the car, ask questions and take your
time. Most of the people in SoCalROC could care less about matching numbers.
They just like their cars and don't care what the serial numbers under the
hood are. If you really want a 67.5 2000 with matching numbers you will find
one. Just be patient.

Except Mine. It's not for sale... ;-)

See you on the road!

Andrew Murphy