Re: Windshield wash container

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Windshield wash container
From: JOHNSOF@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 17:23:38 EDT
I THINK (I'm pretty sure) the plastic tanks are rotomolded polyethylene.  Due
to reactions with the UV from sunlight and leaching of some plasticizers from
the PE itself and absorbing of some of the chemicals in the washer solution,
the PE is gonna turn yellow and there ain't nothing on earth you can do about
it other than replace it.

You can clean with a strong alkaline solution loaded up with TSP and remove
an awful lot of stuff out of the plastic itself, but it still ain't gonna
turn whitish again.

Sorry.

Fred J.
(with a new one still in the box waiting for the car to get put back together
again!)
'69 SRL
WI