Re: Why I am restoring my 67.5 2000 (Long and sorta OT)

To: Andrew Murphy <solex67@hotmail.com>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Why I am restoring my 67.5 2000 (Long and sorta OT)
From: Datsun Dude <roadstrdude@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 23:57:48 -0700 (PDT)
Gee Tell us Andrew...is your 67.5 Solex..numbers matching????

 Andrew Murphy wrote:List,

Lots of talk about originality and numbers matching cars on the list lately.
I have also seen a lot of talk about "the only reason people want numbers
matching cars are to brag". Brag to who? The list? Nothing personal folks,
but I could really care less what people on the list think of me or my car.
I am doing it because I love the car.

I am currently on vacation on my way home from delivering my car to Ross
Mullen so he can restore my 67.5 2000. I will end up spending more than
double what the car will be worth to have it restored so money is not the
reason.

Yes, my car is numbers matching and I have all of the correct bits to make
it a correct 67.5 2000 Solex car. I spent two years searching for all of the
parts. I want this car to be a special car. Not because I care about winning
Shasta or Solvang or Turfside or whatever, but because I love the car more
than any "thing" I own. I'd give it up in a second for someone I love
because "things" don't matter.

So folks, if you love your car than that is all that matters. It doesn't
matter if it is numbers matching, mixed from several different years and
could be anything from a basket case to a sparkling freshly restored work of
art. It is yours and you love it.

So screw the stampings on the frame or the block. Get in your car and go for
a drive. Don't sell it. Don't let it sit in your garage/backyard slowly
rusting away. Take a friend with you and turn them on the best sportscar
ever.

So although I am not ashamed to say "Yes, my car is numbers matching", I
would fell just as excited if someone proudly showed me their "Frakenstein"
car. It's theirs and they love it.

See you on the road,

Andrew Murphy
SRL311-00489 with numbers matching block U20-00910
and who really cares anyway

SoCalROC