Re: Scared off of the car - I am not going to get it

To: "Adam Bradley" <ambradley@attbi.com>,
Subject: Re: Scared off of the car - I am not going to get it
From: " Bob Davis" <rdavis4@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 13:08:20 -0400
All vintage cars are more or less expensive to maintain. A good new crate
engine, 289 or 302 (not one from a discount auto store) for a Sunbeam will
cost a lot of money, too!. Then you need to do something about heads and
exhaust. Triumphs and MG's aren't cheap either and they won't give any where
near the performance of a good 2 liter or a 1.6. I've owned and raced many
of the English cars.

A well maintained 2 liter engine will run a long time. Run synthetic oils,
change the timing chains at regular intervals. Don't overheat it. Not a
bullet proof engine but does give you a kick in the pants when properly
tuned. Same with the 1.6.

Bob Davis
67.5 2L Roadster
Vintage Racer