Re: Shoulder harness

To: alvin gogineni <alvingogi@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Shoulder harness
From: Tom Hendricksen <tom@fransfancies.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2002 14:09:24 -0700
Alvin,

On 68-70 models the shoulder harness attached to a mounting point on the inner
fender well.  The belt is not part of the lap belt, but hooks into it instead.
Having essentially hit a brick wall head on at near 40 MPH and walking away
(without my smashed glasses) I can attest to the fact that the factory shoulder
harness does work very well.

Whether the 67 models back provided any more than basic lap belts I don't know,
but I am hoping to find the original belts in good condition when I take the
time in the next few days to really examine them up close as the car gets ready
to come back to life late next week.

Tom Hendricksen
69 2000
Portland, Oregon