Who does the 311.org registery?

To: road <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Who does the 311.org registery?
From: Thomas Walter <twalter@austin.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2002 22:10:40 -0500
SPL311-02589 -- '66 1600 now resides in
Cedar Park, TX.

A few folks asked about the latest roadster.
Well, I happened to be surfing ebay last
month and spotted a little white 66 1600.

Engine is in pieces, most of the history
is unknown, but what the heck... sold my
1600 almost 10 years ago, so it was time
for another.

First thing I noticed was a CLOSED up vent.
Yes under the windshield, that vent was
missing, just a flat piece of metal. I suspect
someones way of eliminating a water leak.

It really could use a full body prep and
paint in the future, as a few rust bubbles
are showing. Still looks pretty original,
minimal bondo, but will stay as is for a
few years.

Under the car, the frame looks clean. Every
thing original, new shocks. A sway bar mount
got ripped off the frame in the past, so
no mount or sway bar.

I'll be the first to admit I don't know when
this car will be back on the road, as I have
lots of work in front of me in the form of
building a shop from the ground up. The
roadster will get to sit by and watch as the
Land Cruiser gets to do most of the work in
lifting (good reason for a winch!).

Meanwhile... if anyone has a sway bar mount,
sway bar, and early windshield vent... I'm
looking for some.

Tom