1967 early water heater hose connection question

To: "Datsun Forum" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1967 early water heater hose connection question
From: "Datsun Sports" <datsun_sports@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 15:50:24 -0700
hi all,

I already asked this but only got one reply. which I appreciate it! I still
am not sure where the hoses connect up to. I have an upper and lower water
pipe going to the water heater. the upper pipe comes from below the filler
neck for the radiator and has a handle at the end near the heater. the lower
pipe comes off of the water pump and runs below the carbs to the same
location. both are connected with a short piece of hose. I assume this is
the bypass hose for when the heater valve is closed. so the question is.
does the hose that runs from the brass valve that bolts to the firewall, and
controls the water to the heater core, connect to the upper pipe with the
handle on it or the lower pipe that runs to the water pump.

any help is appreciated. I have an early 67 with the stock 1.6 in her.

thx again!

mike