Re: 44 PPH Solex Carbs on EBay

To: mad@madgrizzle.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 44 PPH Solex Carbs on EBay
From: Fairladyracing@aol.com
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 22:38:24 EDT
John:

There are three distictly different versions of 44mm Mikuni carbs made for
the Roadster, of which you described the originals for your 67 2000 with the
two small (very special) screws holding on the jet cover. The second
generation had a single wingbolt cover, and still internal adjustable float.
The third generation had a single screw cover, external adjustable float.
This auction is for the standard 44's direct from Mikuni of America, which
was somewhat similar to the third generation, but with a completely different
float cover plate, fuel inlet from the top, and generic linkage. These were
never made as a direct bolt on for the Roadster, as they were meant to mount
on a Mikuni manifold for Dodge, Datsun (510/240,NAPS-Z),MGB, Toyota, Mazda,
BMW, Mercedes, Honda, Volkswagen, and Suzuki. They can be adapted with the
correct linkage (NLA?). Hope this helps.

Dan & Susan
Portland, OR.
Multiple 2000's (some with Solex carbs)

<< Subj:     44 PPH Solex Carbs on EBay