Re: plug-wires and spark

To: RiedelD@pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca
Subject: Re: plug-wires and spark
From: Tom Hendricksen <tom@fransfancies.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 22:54:09 -0700
Dave,

Once upon a time, soon to return as I get my roadster running and ready
for a tune-up, I measured the plug wires as a standard part of my
2-3,000 mile engine tuning.  It was agreed among my friends that 5,000
Ohms/foot was a maximum limit for radio resistance plug wires.  I often
used a lower standard and tried to keep them near 1,000 Ohms total.

If you are using solid wire your ohmmeter should only show about 1 Ohm
maximum.  You are supposed to be measuring a dead short on a solid wire.

Tom
69 2000
Portland, Oregon