Re: shocks

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: shocks
From: "Daniel" <daniel@nowroc.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 20:42:13 GMT
Matt's resto page talks about the shocks.  Here is an except:

HINT: I am planning on installing KYB Gas Adjust shocks (the white high pressure
ones). I have used them on many vehicles including a 1961 VW Karmann Ghia, a
1966 Ford Galaxie convertible and my current 1998 Toyota Tacoma pickup. They
are great shocks that have a lifetime warranty. However, according to KYB's
catalog, they no longer make the rear shocks for the Roadster. After doing some
research using several cross reference charts in several shock manufacturer
catalogs, I found that the rear shocks off the 1965-1985 Datsun / Nissan 2 wheel
drive pickup trucks were identical in all aspects to the Roadster shock with
one exception. The fully extended length of the truck shock is slightly longer
than the fully extended length of the Roadster shock (which allows for the
longer
suspension travel of the trucks). Compressed length, mounting hardware, diameter
and all other aspects were the same.

KYB Gas Adjust Part Numbers
KG5447 (rear)
KG4528 (front)