Vibration at 25mph

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Vibration at 25mph
From: Lutepisk@aol.com
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 22:03:44 EDT
Roadster Friends:

I've been a quiet list lurker ever since my move from Issaquah, WA to
Portsmouth, NH.  I met some of the DRONE gang a couple of summers ago, and
that was fun, but otherwise I've been pretty quiet.  It may have something to
do with longer work days, and the fact that, due to salty winters, the
roadster is no longer my only car.  But enough of that.  It's time to reach
out for a little advice.

My lovely red 2000 gives me a troubling vibration right around 25mph.

There.  I've said it.  These things must be faced.  But what, exactly, do you
suppose I'm facing?  Is there a good way to narrow down a joint that might
have play in it?  I can't seem to locate it very well with the front end up
on jack stands.

Any suggestions you can give me for things to check would be appreciated.

Best Wishes to all,

-John

1970 SRL311-14061