Back from Vacation (Sort of OT)

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Back from Vacation (Sort of OT)
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 14:27:28 -0700
Hey all,

Well, SRL311-00489 is now in the hands of Ross Mullen at Sports Imports. I
delivered the car to him at the end of July and then took two weeks to get
home. I had a great time on vacation and now am back to work.

I had a good time with Ross the two days I was at his shop. I think the car
is in good hands. I have already received some pics of the car in its
preperation for its stripping/welding/repair. I will be posting these pics
as I get them.

Two decisions I made with Ross's input was to convert the car to a late
steering box and also I am going to do a Volvo Brake conversion. Early
steering boxes are insanely priced even for the repair parts. I will post
pics of the mods as they become available.

As far as the Volvo brakes are concerned, I became sold when Dave Robinson
took me for a ride in his KA24 SPL. The car is a rocket with dual webers. It
needs some serious stopping power and Dave showed me just how fast the car
stops with the Volvo brakes. Aparrently, the cost of the parts are
comparable to the Nissan parts and are easier to get. I will also post pics
of the mods as I get them.

I plan to keep the list updated as to the progress of the car and will
welcome any comments about the choices I make as I go.

Anyhoo, the car is finally getting done and in 12-14 months he will be a
thing of beauty!

Take Care,

Andrew Murphy
SRL311-00489 (in restoration)