Re: SUs & smog

To: "Brad Holmes" <bholmes@monk.aum.edu>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SUs & smog
From: "Fred Schroeder" <roadster@texoma.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 08:48:38 -0500
Sounds like you have the evap fuel setup. From what I've seen removing it
would be a chore.  Plus it doesn't cause any problems.  I'd just leave it
alone.

The 'fuel return valve' is basically a simple pressure regulator.  The
Roadsters have a continuous flow fuel system.  Gas circulates constantly
allowing the carbs to take whatever they need.  This valve maintains a
pressure of around 3 lbs on the carbs and allows the rest to return to the
tank.  This is one reason the Roadsters don't vapor lock.  I've driven mine
in the Arizona desert in the dead of summer and never had a problem.  I've
heard claims of vapor lock but have never witnessed it personally.

Best regards,

Fred Schroeder
Denison, TX
SRL311-13359