Re: SU carb rebuild/tuning problem

To: Clifton.Dixon@tnknox.ang.af.mil, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: SU carb rebuild/tuning problem
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 23:24:03 EDT
Give z-therapy a call. They are very good about backing their work. There
should be a neglegable amount of leakage around the throttle shafts.
Unfortunatly you will have to send them back. I am one of the folks on the
list that rebuilds the SU carbs. The worn out throttle shaft is fairly common
but is definatly repairable. What I do is turn down the shaft a few
thousanths to make it round again, drill out the body and install oilite
bronze bushings. With the shafts worn the idle mixture and speed are
impossible to set. Keeps changing all by itself.

                                                       keith williams