Disc Brake Conversion 1500

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Disc Brake Conversion 1500
From: James Ross <jross@corporatemontage.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 11:26:51 +0800
Hi List,
I am just putting the finishing touches to my engine conversion in my '64
Fairlady. I have put a CA18 (doner s13 silvia) into the car, and although
not having the big horsepower of perhaps the vg30, the little CA18 loves to
rev. Should suit the car quite well. Nothing chopped (shaved perhaps, but
not chopped), no major mods, using original mount points.

The car is off to the exhaust shop tomorrow, then to get the computer
fitted (hopefully by the weekend!).

But the reason for this email is find out what modern disc brake
conversions have been done on a 1500. I have 14 inch alloys fitted.

I heard that if i use the upper wishbone, stub axle, calipers etc from a
Vanette with the lower balljoint from a 720, i should be in business. Just
wondering what other leads you guys may have remembering that on a 1500
there is no existing point to mount a caliper.

Thanks,
James Ross
Western Australia
'64 1500 fairlady