2 Oil gauges?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: 2 Oil gauges?
From: erikandamy@integraonline.com
Date: 19 Aug 2002 15:02:41 -0000
[demime could not interpret encoding binary - treating as plain text]
Going for the stupid question of the day here.
I would like to add an aftermarket oil pressure gauge to my 2L, just because I
want to know what is really going on. I am doing the same thing with an
additional temp and a volt gauge.
So if I put a "T" on the existing mechanical line, and run a line to a 2nd
mechanical gauge, would the gauges read the true pressure, or half the
pressure?  I know that if I had 2 lines that drained, it each would flow half
the volume, but if they are capped, ahhh I don't know how that works.
Would it matter where in the line the T is?

Erik Smeby-
2L 1600