Re: ANYONE OUT THERE???? SU uptdate!

To: Roman Rist<roadsterregistry@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: ANYONE OUT THERE???? SU uptdate!
From: Ryan Bird<birdman@myrealbox.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 15:08:26 -0700
Hi Roman,

I spent over 6 hours last month trying to get one little wire connected to the
starter, to the extent that I cut off the wires head and crimped a new one on,
to no avail.  I eventually ended up loosening the battery wire to the point
that the entire car lost power.  I then started working in Ohio which left me
away from the car even longer.

This morning I got up and rather than doing yardwork, (Paid a young man from
church to mow my lawn, etc.) I started in on the starter again.  Within 1 1/2
hours, I had the starter out, re-wired and back in.  Drove the kid home from
mowing the lawn.  Talk about a good use of resources!  The car is back on the
road agin, this time I hope I got the wire to stay on a bit longer....  Now if
I could just keep my hood from opening up every 10 minutes!  (Next project.)

FYI:  Original 1600 Manifold w/ Large/Heavy 1600 Starter.  Some minor
inner-fender modifications were done by the previous owner.  (Hi Adam!)

Ryan
67 1600
www.azroc.org/ryan