RE: painting

To: "Datsun Forum" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: painting
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@attbi.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 08:49:38 -0700
Personally, I wouldn't use POR on anything but the frame. It looks more like a
plastic coating than a paint, and it will be very difficult to remove if you or
a subsequent owner ever decide to use "real" paint.

It will be difficult to clean up and mask the engine compartment decently with
the engine in the car, but I don't see why removing the engine would cause it to
run any differently afterwards. The only issues would be water leaks and
electrical connections, and wouldn't it be better to resolve any of those now
rather than in the middle of winter?

Gordon Glasgow
Renton, WA