How to no Sh%*$ get the housing off

To: datsunmike@nyc.rr.com, james.m.koken@gte.net, birdman@myrealbox.com,
Subject: How to no Sh%*$ get the housing off
From: "Jim Cawrse" <nqrithjim@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 16:08:13 +0000
(This is IRT the guy with the
stuck housing)

For all with stuck anything,
especially a stuck 2 bolt thermo housing,
PB Blaster (3.79 a can at Walmart) is easily
the best penetrating fluid out there.
Let it soak overnight, re-spray more whenever
you happen to walk by the car, and occasionally
whack on the housing with a rubber or leather
mallet.  The part about adding heat might work also.

When this doesnt work, and you start gettng desparate,
do this and it will either work or break the
housing:
Get a very large pair of slip joint pliers
and a strong assistant
(sometimes called water pump pliers, and the guy next
door, or neighborhood motor head, etc)  Slip some
scrap rubber host over the jaws. (of the pliers)
One guy take a
death grip on the housing with the pliers, the other
guy whacks upward on the pliers, therby jerking the
housing loose.

Once loose, the previous advice about slathering
lots of anti-sieze on the bolts is very good advice.

This technique will make something happen!
Best Regards,
Jim
Chesapeake Va