Re: '66 1600 motor

To: evan troxel <evan@sensorydigital.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: '66 1600 motor
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@attbi.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 10:05:11 -0700
AFAIK, all of the R16 engines are externally identical so they will
swap.  The '66 and early '67 are identical - both 3-main engines with SAE
threads.  They will swap and all your mounting hardware should work without
any problem.  If you swapped in a later 5-main engine you'd need to get
appropriate metric bolts.  Otherwise motor mounts, transmission, etc. will
bolt right on.  If it's a '67.5, it's a 5-main.

At 09:44 AM 8/26/2002 -0700, evan troxel wrote:
>Would a '67 1600 fit onto my '66's motor mounts?  Is it the same
>configuration as the engine I just pulled or are there differences in the
>model year?
>

>-- evan
>
>'66 SPL311

>///  Archives at http://www.team.net/archive