Re: radiator relocation

To: "Andy Cost" <andycost@att.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: radiator relocation
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 06:42:05 -0400
I moved my rad about 1/2" and had no problems when I used a Flex-a-lie fan.
Not all fans are the same thickness or quality. The Spal fan is about the
thinnest around but pulls close to 20 amps and really sucks.

Leave at least 1/2" between the fan and waterpump and between the rad and
the fan blade to account for driveline and fan movement.

I used a relay to power my fan's thermo switch. I took the lead from the
coil to use as the on/off switch so when I shut my car down the fan would
stop. Before that the fan would continue to operate until the proper
temperature was reached which could take 20 minutes or more and really
drained my battery every time I shut the car off.

I doubt you'll need an auxillary rad as long as your rad is in good
condition and with the use of an oil cooler. I would put an inline thermo on
the cooler to ensure the oil gets hot as quickly as possible.

MIke