RE: shifter question

To: <Geegc@aol.com>, "Autox \(E-mail\)"
Subject: RE: shifter question
From: "Paul Bauman" <plhbauman@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 22:24:34 -0700
Not tight enough. There is supposed to be a thick washer that goes on before
the nyloc nut on the bottom of the lever. On our first run to Solvang, we
were being slowly driven nuts by a noise that sounded like pennies shaken in
a glass! Turned out it was the lack of that thick washer. It made it
impossible to crank the nut down tight enough and the other washer I had put
in there was bouncing around. The lever also turned easily, no matter how
tight I tried to make it.

With the conical rubber shock mount and the thick washer, you should be able
to take all the spin out of the shaft.

Paul