OT - lighting contactor source needed

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: OT - lighting contactor source needed
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2002 15:31:11 -0500 (CDT)
With as many electric/electronics folks on this group as there are I
decided to see if any of you know of an inexpensive source for lighting
contactors. I need to purchase a latching contactor, either electric or
mechanical latching with at least 6 (prefer 8 or 10), 120V, 20A or higher
contacts. It should have a 24V coil, but I can work with a 120V ac coil if
necessary. They show up on E-bay quite often, but either they are way too
expensive ($150.00) or this one guy buys them at more than I think they
are worth!

Thanks in advance!

Roadster content:
I picked up a water pump for my 1600 from the local fork lift shop. It
looks just like our metric pump, but it not made by Nissan. It cam from
a Catapiller company. It is used on quite a few different brands of fork
lifts, including Mitsubishi, Nissan and one from Korea which I don't
remember. IT has the threaded hole for the heater hose connection with a
plug in it. I'll let you know how it works in a few days.

Time to get my hands a bit dirty!

Peace,
Pat

Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor/Future planner, CS Dept,
University of Texas, 1 University Station C0500,Austin, Tx. 78712-1188 USA