Rear Ends and Wheels

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Rear Ends and Wheels
From: Rob Simmons <rsimmons2@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 18:49:33 -0600
If anyone has an interest in this I have posted more stuff on front hub
and rear end at:

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291176613

Pictures are numbered and explanation follows:  Just refer to the
numbers in the captions.  Sorry if it's a tad confusing......

The front and rear axle spacing is the same.

I'm posting some photos of the rear hub which has also been drilled out
to the 5 stud.  The original datsun holes can be seen in the photo.

The lug spacing is 2 5/8" or 67mm.

There are some more pictures of the rear end.  I have no idea what model
the end is out of....maybe the pictures will help.  The p.o. didn't
respond to my questions about the rear end other than to tell me it was
a Dodge.  He was a Ford mechanic by the way!!!

  jpg 218 shows the front hub.  The  only original Datsun stud remaining
is about 10 o'clock....That stud goes all the way through the hub.  The
hub is held on by the original datsun studs..... the others at 2, 4, and
8 do not go all the way through.
        I have taken  pictures which look down on the 2 o'clock position
In 221- the Datsun original stud head can be seen on the right (in front
of the black hole).
In 222-1 the new 5 bolt stud appears left and above....it does not go
through the hub you will notice.  If you can co-relate the front and
side views, I think that will give you a good idea of how it was done.
223 was taken from above and clearly shows the new/original stud
configuration.

This is a close up of the front hub (color is screwed up though)
220 is the same as 219 just farther away.  This shows the original rear
Datsun wheel.  You can see the original four bolt pattern has been left
(9, 12, 3, and 6 o'clock.  6 is filled with spider web.
222 is another view of same hub.

213 to 216 are views of the rear end from the front this time.  Any
guesses as to what it may be?

Rob
Need anything more?