Re: oil cooler thermostats.

To: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@quark.sfsu.edu>
Subject: Re: oil cooler thermostats.
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 19:58:34 -0600 (CST)
It's been years since  I put an oil cooler on an engine, but, yes,
thermostatic controlled valves are available. I think I bought mine from
J.C. Whittney. Two hoses connect the valve to the cooler and another two
hoses connect it to the engine. When the oil is cold thge valve bypasses
the cooler and sends it back to the engine.

The setup I had was for a VW, so it may be in that part of their catalog.

Peace,
Pat

Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor/Future planner, CS Dept,
University of Texas, 1 University Station C0500,Austin, Tx. 78712-1188 USA