Need Advice on Replacing Interior in 1600 Rdstr

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Need Advice on Replacing Interior in 1600 Rdstr
From: "SCOTT.ELEQUIN" <SCOTT.ELEQUIN@oracle.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 19:01:00 -0800 (GMT-08:00)
Folks,
After ten in in storage, my 67.5 1600 is now back on the road.  I have recently
replaced clutch, reworked the carbs, and restored most of the Hydraulics.
Now for the fun part.  I am planning to completely replace the interior:
New Seats/or Seat Reupholstery
Door panels
All vinyl
Carpet
Dash cap
Refesh dash face
Doodads (lower console face, missing pieces, etc...)
Followed by a new top/tonneau/boot
I have two options:
Local (Austin, Texas) upholstery shop - provide pictures of how it used to be,
ask them to handle the overall restoration
Buy kits from several vendors which I have located online
Questions:
If I buy kits, who has the best product/value?
Should I hire a professional to install these kits?
How does the 'stock' appearance affect the value?
What other questions should I be asking?
I know that some of the folks on this list have been through this exercise.
Please let me know if you have any advice.
Scott
67.5 1600 / Austin, Texas