RE: Suspension (was: Rear End Swaps)

To: "'Autox (E-mail)'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Suspension (was: Rear End Swaps)
From: Ken Mack <dkmt@pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 17:15:54 -0800
Alright... Sounds like I'll be doing some drifting in one of these! LOL

In more searching last night I found that KYB also makes shocks for
these cars.  I hear a lot of people rave about the Konis.  In my
experience in setting up my MR2, I found Konis to be trash, in that the
rebound was way to hesitant, and even with adjustment, they were still
mushy going into the corners. The Tokico Illuminas that I have on there
now, are far better than the offerings from Koni, and Tokico is pretty
bottom of the line.  But this does not mean I am biased.  You folks
would know better than me, what would work best on the roadster.  Now I
have to ask.  Since Andy is running Carrera shocks on his... does anyone
else know of, or have any other suggestions?  Just by common usage
alone, I'd say that the Konis are going to be the kit for my car, but
tuning a suspension is a fickle thing, and not everyone has the same
tastes.  I'm wondering if keeping the stock rear springs, and just
adding this Addco rear swaybar would work as well.  I am SOOOOOO not
used to driving a solid axel car, that it sounds so bizarre not to have
a rear sway bar.

Thanks;
Ken