My vision of a restored 1967.5 2000

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: My vision of a restored 1967.5 2000
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 14:12:27 -0800
Hello All,

For those of you who have had enough about hearing about my restoration,
please feel free to use your delete key. For everyone else, here is the
latest update to my car. This update will basically be the description of
what the car will have when it is complete and what it will look like.

Now that the suspension is pretty much completed, I can go over what was
done to it. Besides normal rust repair and the replacement of worn parts,
the highlights of the suspension are:

Grey instead of black powder coating to contrast the black of the car
Complete Volvo brake conversion with volvo front calipers
Conversion to late steering box
New early rear leaf springs
NOS 3.7 differential
New wheel cylinders and bearings
Koni shocks all around
New brake lines
Eurothane suspension bushings
AR 14" Libre four spoke racing wheels with custom caps
Competition front sway bar with standard front springs

Body work:

All rust excised and either patched or replaced rockers, fenders, and trunk
floor
Extensive body prep, sealing and cleaning, and priming
Almost ready for color shoot (THUNDER BLACK!)
NOS hood
New Valance
Countless hours of welding and grinding

Engine:

Original matching block U20-00910
Block was hot tanked, line bored, trued and magnafluxed
New crank, jackshaft, rods, pistons, bearings, the works
Correct Non smog head that is within tolerance of thickness and pressure
tested
New rockers, valves, seats, springs, and a NOS solex camshaft
Complete NOS engine gaskette set
7 Qt. aluminum oil pan with baffle
Early style Solex 44s with correct open element air cleaner assembly
NOS 67.5 2000 exhaust manifold Jet Hot coated
New oil and water pump, fuel pump, water outlet parts and new correct 67.5
fan shroud

Interior:

Complete Red interior kit including red wool carpets and correct 67.5
headrests
Dark Red Carbon fiber dash facia
Completely restored 67.5 2000 gauge set
Windshield frame and other painted components will be chromed
Early Auto power four point roll bar that fits low windsheild cars
Day/night mirror
Wood Grain EMPI steering wheel (Wood grain will be covered with black
fabric)

Trim:

Complete NOS correct side trim set
Correct 67.5 driver side rear view mirror
The ever elusive license plate trim
Amber colored turn signals
rechromed bumpers (no over riders)
All NOS metal side and hood emblems
Rear deck Fairlady script emblem
Correct everwing fog lamps
Red and black matching grille badge
Reproduction paint code sticker
NOS ID plate
Black soft top with zip out rear window
Red Boot

This is what I am envisioning for my car. Your ideas may be different but
after a long time of planning and saving, this is my image of a roadster.
What's yours?

Andrew Murphy
1967.5 2000 Solex SRL311-00489
SoCalROC